Make a Statement
WSHU Public radio is governed by regulations and policies adopted by the Federal Trade Commission (FCC). These guidelines seek to preserve the noncommercial nature of WSHU Public Radio. It’s what makes public radio unique in sound and substance. In addition to providing exceptional programming, it is important that we maintain an uncluttered and trusting environment to keep listeners engaged.
Underwriting Announcements May
- Describe your business in a value neutral way
- Identify services & products
- Describe your organization’s mission (must conform with station guidelines)
- Inform the public of events you sponsor
- Include a corporate slogan as long as it meets guideline and is not
- Include a street address and a web address or telephone number (time
- Indicate the number of years you’ve been in business
Underwriting Announcements May Not Include
- Qualitative, comparative or superlative language (best, oldest, fastest, Pulitzer prize, award-winning)
- A call to action: (call now, visit our store, go to the web, come on down)
- An inducement to buy, sell, rent or lease
- Reference to price or value ( free, low interest, on sale now, reduced)
- Personal pronouns (you, yours, we, ours)
- Contain language advocating political, religious or social causes
WSHU offers our underwriters the flexibility to tailor on-air announcements to fit their specific needs. As an underwriter, you can choose from several popular options or work with us to create a customized plan. You can target your underwriting message to be heard during specific programs or choose a rotating schedule to reach all available audiences. Our 50+ years of on-air experience enables us to help guide your choice of message options.
The Clean Fifteen
Local support comes from Bankwell, offering locally-sourced commercial banking in Fairfield and New Haven counties. Customized cash management solutions for growing businesses. Bankwell Instead. More information at My Bankwell dot com. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.
The Zen Ten
And from Garavel Subaru. There’s a world of Subaru from New York to New Haven in Norwalk. Garavel has a wide selection of new and pre-owned vehicles. Garavel Subaru dot com.